With the Text Converter, you can edit multiple text files in nearly all ways that are imaginable. There are scopes of application for nearly all computer users working with text files. If you want to replace some texts in several files, if some test passages should be deleted, if files should be joined or splitted or converted into another format, you can always use the Text Converter.
It is conceivable, for example, that a website owner or web designer wants to write the same header at the top of many text files or would like to replace an old note with a new one. Another example could be a writer or a programmer that require similar tasks.
It is rather cumbersome, to open all files to modify and change them by hand. Even by using the "Find and Replace" function of traditional programs, we come quickly to its limits. Not many programs support, for example, replacing text across multiple lines, or many replacements simultaneously and even in more than one files. Also functions like the usage of regular expressions, inserting constants like file name or file size, line numbers or sorting lines can not be found in any editor.
That and much more makes can be done by the Text Converter, that can be downloaded on this page. Besides the function "Find and Replace", there are for example functions to delete lines or text passages, functions to insert text at user-defined positions (for example at the beginning or the end of a file or at a line), but also functions for changing case, inserting line numbers, sorting text or changing special characters in your HTML coding (Named Entities). Alone this function can very helpful for web designers.
Behind working on text files, now also the On The Fly Conversion is available. This function allows you to use the complete functionality of the TextConverter without opening a file. Simply copy the text to the converter, press CTRL+D and your text is converted.
Furthermore it is possible to hang an arbitrary number of text files on each other to save them as a single file. But also the opposite way can be gone using another function. So it is possible to separate files at a special text (or a regular expression) to save them as several new files.
At all positions where it is usefull, the Text Converter also supports regular expressions, so that there are lots of other possibilities to use this software. Parts of texts can be converted, HTML can be parsed, you can search with regular expressions for special formatings to delete this part, change the format or replace the part with another text. For example, you can search, delete or transform dates, HTML code or other formats. Also searching text files with regular expressions is possible.
Also transcriptions, that means the transforming of texts from one writing system to another one, can uncomplicated be executed with the Text Converter rapidly. Behind numerous supported writing systems (rules of transcription are initialized) such as Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, Cyrillic, Georgic, Japanese (Hiragana and Katakana), Hindi and Thai, you can also apply and save your own transcriptions or transliterations. So you can immediately rewrite a Latin text in a text consisiting of - for instance - Greek, Arabic or Japanese characters (or the other way arround).
Another highlight of the Text Converter is the full support of Unicode, with which it is possible to take full advantage of a variety of other functions. For example, it is possible to edit, insert and replace also Chinese, Cyrillic and Greek letters or other special Unicode characters as usual or perform another Unicode task. Even the presence of Unicode characters in the file name is no problem and the Text Converter can also be used to convert text from one Unicode format to another (for example from or to UTF-16, UTF-32, UTF-8 or another Unicode Transformation Format or ANSI).
The TextConverter can also work with line breaks from different systems, so that you can use line actions without problems. The application detects the character used for a new line in the files automatically and it is possible to change the line break character, what makes files from other systems readable on your operating system.
Download the TextConverter for free in the download area for Windows and experience in the help section how you can benefit from the software. The tool is portable and therefore can be used directly without an installation.
The German Version of the TextConverter can be found on sttmedia.de/textkonverter.
ABC Amber Text Converter 5.07 RusProcessText Group ABC Amber Text Converter 5.07 – мощный конвертер документов с поддержкой множества форматов. Поддерживает PDF, HTML, RTF, TXT (ANSI и Unicode), DOC, XLS, MCW, WRI, WPD, WK4, WPS, SAM, RFT, WSD и другие форматы данных. При конвертации в PDF шифрует (40/128 разрядным ключем), защищает паролями, позволяет настраивать размер листа и ориентацию, устанавливает желаемый уровень сжатия и проч. Если Вам нужно быстро и качественно осуществить конвертирование текстовых документов из одного формата в другой – лучшего помощника, чем ABC Amber Text Converter, Вы не найдете. Скачать программу можно по прямой ссылке (с облака) внизу страницы. Основные возможности программы ABC Amber Text Converter:
- Импортирует HTML, RTF, XLS, TXT (ANSI и Unicode), DOC, WRI, WPD, WK1, WK3, WK4, MCW, WPS, SAM, WSD, PWI, PSW, PDT, PWD, PWT, Лексикон для DOS, из клипборда и восстанавливает текст из любого файла.
- Экспортирует в PDF (не требует Adobe Acrobat), HTML, CHM, RTF (MS Word не нужен), HLP, TXT (ANSI и Unicode), DOC, WRI, WPD, MCW, WPS, DOC, SAM, WSD, PWI, PSW, PWD, клипборд.
- Пакетный режим конвертирования.
- Поддержка командной строки.
- Поддержка нескольких наборов символов и кодировок.
- Встроен мощный редактор.
- Поддержка передовых параметров экспорта PDF.
- Поддержка гиперссылок.
- Поддержка нескольких параметров экспорта CHM и HLP.
- Мультиязычная поддержка.
нажмите на картинку и она увеличится
|Операционная система:||Windows XP,Vista,7,8 (x86,x64)|
|Оперативная память:||512 МБ|
|Место на жестком диске:||2,4 МБ|
|*архив БЕЗ пароля|
откроется в новом окне откроется в новом окне откроется в новом окне откроется в новом окне
Text Converter | FeaturesText Converter | Features
- Ease of Use: Immediately after you have added the files to be processed and entered the first amendment, you already see the first results and the files can be saved as new files. You can go into any detail at the functions, and exploit more and more opportunities. Despite these, the program's interface is also clear for the casual user.
- Batch Processing: It can be worked on any number of text files at the same time. The files can be easily added to the program, by being dragged from any folder of your computer in the processing list. Additionaly, it is also possible to open single files or to search in folders (optionally with a customized filter to search for special file formats). After adding the files, only one click on "Convert" is necessary to apply all settings to all files. The settings are enabled only by clicking on them in the box "Actions" on the upper right.
- Using Regular Expressions: It is no problem to use regular expressions in the Text Converter when searching and replacing in files (including replacing with backreferences), deleting elements specified with regular expressions from texts, splitting text files at a position found with a regular expression (for example at a date) or searching in text files for regular expressions. With this functionality, you can do a lot of things, you can not do with a normal replacement function, for example you can strings from a special format to another special format or you can use the Text Converter as HTML Parser. For more information about regular expressions, see the page RegEx. All of the regular functions, also work with Unicode. So it is possible to use arguments like [A-Z] also with Cyrillic or other letters.
- On The Fly Conversions (CTRL-D): With the On The Fly Conversions, you can change a text without opening a file. Simply copy the text to the TextConverter, do your changes and copy the text back to your clipboard.
- Preview: Without destroying the original file, you will see the effect of your settings in the preview box (bottom left) immediately after selecting an option. If you prefer, you can view the original file next to the changed file so that you are able to review any changes directly or, for example when replacing text, you can copy the text to be replaced direclty from the original source without opening this file. It is also possible to display only the original or the changed file individually, for example, if your screen is not big enough for a full presentation. Of course, furthermore, it is also possible to disable the preview at any time (Box "Preview" under the preview), for example when editing very large files or you have a slow computer, so the immediate display does not work smoothly.
- Direct File Access: You can link the Text Converter with arbitrary files or folders or show the program in the Send to menu, so that there are many possibilities to add files or complete folders from your explorer without opening the program before. See the page shortcuts for more information.
- Full Unicode Support: All of the functions listed on these pages can also be performed with Unicode characters. It does not matter whether you want to work with Unicode file names, delete some Chinese characters, replace Cyrillic, Greek or Hebrew letters or you want to insert special characters at a specific location.
- Replacing Text or Lines: You can replace any text passage (even multi-line text passages) by any other text (both can also be carried out with regular expressions). The same is possible in terms of lines. When replacing lines, you can simply indicate a line, that will be replaced by a text regardless of the content of this line. You can also apply more than one of these replacements at one time. For example, it is easily possible to replaced three lines with another text and replace some text parts at the same time.
- Replacement-Manager: With the help of the replacement-manager, you can use, change, save and load a great number of replacements at the same time.
- Insert Text: Any text can be inserted at any point in your original file. You can choose either to append the text at the end or the begin of your orginal file, at the end or the beginning of each line, or to insert the text in any line of the old file. Also at this action, you can run any number of changes at one time of course. For example you can add two texts at the beginning, one text at the end and some texts in some lines at one time.
- Delete Text or Lines: The file can be searched for any passages to delete it (you can also use regular expressions for that). Moreover, it is also possible to delete lines according to its line number regardless of its content. Of course, also with this action, it is possible to apply more than one at one time. Also deleting lines containing an arbitary string or matching a regular expression is possible.
- HTML Changes: There are some HTML related function, which can be applied to your files: Every web designer knows the so-called Named Entities, which represent, for example, the letter 'Ä' "as "Ä". With one click, all these special characters are replaced in your text document in both directions. That saves a lot of work and helps to make the Internet easier to read. It is also possible to delete all of the unnecessary characters like tabs from a document to save disc space and transfer data. Other HTML functions are the ability to create links for websites or E-Mail adresses automatically or the possibility to remove all HTML tags (like <br> or </strong>) from text files. With this function, you can parse or grap the plain text from any web document.
- Sorting, Row Numbers and Maximum Row Length: Furthermore, there are some line-specific functions in the text converter: You can sort ascending or descending the lines, you can add line numbers and it is possible to specify a fixed line length. With these line breaks are automatically added, so that the text of a line is not too long. The function is useful for instance if you want to publish the text as an image and the image should not be too wide.
- Upper and Lower Case: With just one click it is possible to print the entire document in uppercase or lowercase letters. It is also possible to write every word with an uppercase beginning or to to rotate upper and lower case characters randomly in mixed-mode, as it is very popular among young people, that seems to be cool.
- Join Files: It is possible to append as many files as you want to each other in an arbitrary order to save them as a single file. When using this function, it is both possible, to carry out all actions at each of the old single files or carry out the functions at the one new file. This play a role, for example if you want to add line numbers to the text.
- Split Files: Behind joining files, it is also possible to split files to some parts. Also at this option, it is your choice whether the actions should be carried out at the old undivided file or the new divided files. The separation can be carried out at any arbitrary text or any regular expression.
- Transcriptions and Transliterations: With only one click it is possible to rewrite a text written in Cyrillic, Japanese (Hiragana and Katakana), Hebrew, Arabic, Georgic, Thai or Hindi to a text consisting of Latin letters - or a Latin text in one of these writing systems. Available are some ISO standards for transliterations as well as some English or German transcriptions, you can choose freely in the program. Furthermore, of course, it is also possible to edit the consisting transformation rules or to apply and save own rules (for example rules for other writing systems).
- Changing the Character for a New Line: If files are interchanged between different systems, there are often problems with the line break, because different systems are using different characters for a new line. So, under circumstances, files from a Linux or Mac system can not be displayed on your Windows system correctly because of the other line break character. The TextConverter can detect the line break character of a file and you can change the line break character of files with the TextConverter. After that, the changed files can be displayed correctly on your operating systen. For more information about the line breaks, read the section New Line.
- Unicode Format Conversion: With the Text Converter, it is possible to convert a variety of text files from one Unicode format to another or to or from ANSI. Supported formats are ANSI, UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16 Big Endian, UTF-16 Little Endian, UTF-32 Big Endian and UTF-32 Little Endian, each of these formats can be automatically converted into any other format. On the one hand, you can set a format in which file will be stored and on the other hand you can also only change the format of a number of files without making any other changes.
- Work on Marked Files: Files can be set to the status "Marked". With the help of this function, you can sort your files in your file list, you can only apply changes to the marked files and even more. The files can be marked manually or according to the file name or file contents.
- Search in Textfiles: In all files, that are loaded in the input area, you can search for text (including multi-line text and Unicode text). The results are listed in a seperate window, where you can see the number of hits and some file information. From here it is possible to have a direct file access to the original and the changed file and you can display the search text in the relevant files. Also it is possible to remove the files with or without the text from the input area with one click. So you can effectively select files due to search criteria. Behind searching for normal strings, you can also search in the text files with regular expressions. So, for example you can search for dates in an arbitrary format and so on.
- Predefined Constants: In all input fields (for example the input fields to delete, insert or replace text), you can use a number of constants, which vary according to the file worked on. Possibly, for example, are constants for the path, the folder, the filename, the filesize, a number, the date of creation or last change and the windows file type of the file. If you are working on more than one file, the constant (for example %file% for the filename) will be replaced by the corresponding text (in this example the filename) in the output. With this function, it is possible, for example, to write the name of the file over each file, if you join some files.
- Profiles: In addition to save the entire configuration, it is also possible to save profiles with the Text Converter, in which it is your decision, which settings will be stored and which settings will not be stored. If you load one of this settings, only the saved settings will be loaded in the Text Converter, so it is possible, for example, to load different profiles simultaneously while keeping all other settings.
- Save Configuration: With one click you can save the current configuration (all settings) to load them again later. Additionaly you can save a configuration that loads automatically at startup. So if you always edit text files with the same options, you do not have to set them again and again everytime you start the software. The configuration files (*.tkg) can be directly associated with the program, so you only need to click on one of the files to open the text converter with the appropriate settings.
- Auto Save Settings on Exit: If you want, you can save your last settings on exit automatically, so that you can work with them when starting the Text Converter for the next time. With this, it is your decision whether you want to save no settings, all settings or a customized selection of settings.
- Saving Options: The original file can be overwritten, you can choose a new folder, the file name can be changed and saving is possible with any file extension. When choosing a new filename, you can use some constants, which make it possible to number the files or to use the old filename in addition with some other strings. How this works is explained in detail in the help sections.
- Save as Image: In addition to the normal storage as a text, it is also possible to save the text as an image. The formats GIF, JPG and BMP are available. This function can be used to publish sensitive information like adresses or e-mails on the internet, since they may not be easy to detect.
- Store File List: A list of all currently loaded files can be easily saved and loaded. So, you can go on working on a group of files later easily, without searching and selecting each of the files.
- Read and Write many Formats: In reading and writing (saving) of files, in the current version of the Text Converter the formats ANSI, UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16 Big Endian, UTF-16 Little Endian, UTF-32 Big Endian and UTF-32 Little Endian (see file formats for more informatíon) are supported. Of course, if you are changing some files at once, it is both possible, to maintain the file format or to change the file format to any other format.
- Custom Window View: Each pane (input, preview, actions and saving options) can be closed with the small X-button in the top right corner of each pane or reopened from the bottom left of the main window again. So it is possible to adapt the program while working with just one mouse click and change the appearance of the entire program, so that your work is more effective.
- Input Boxes resizeable: Many input boxes like the search and replace box can be expanded with the small plus button under it. So you can even work on large amounts of texts clearly.
- Keep File List Up to Date: With the function "Watch Folder", it is possible to react directly to changes in a specific folder. That means, for example, if in the folder a new file is created, this file appears in the file list in the Text Converter automatically. Also if a file is deleted or changed, the file list will be updatet. If you wish, you can also include changes in subdirectories.
- Defining Regular Expressions: You can apply alot of settings when working with regular expressions. For example you can define the characters used as a word (\w), space (\s) or linebreak or you can change all modifiers like case-insensitive, multi line, single line, greedy mode or extended syntax easily.
- Direct File Access for Changes: Behind the Batch Processing, it is also possible to change files directly with the Text Converter. Simply open a file and type something in it in the Preview Area. After changing the input file, a button "Save" appears under the box, so that you can change the input file.
- No bad investment: The Text Converter is also available in a freeware version, that corresponds to the full version except minor restrictions. You can test all the features in this version binding, before your decision to get the version without any restrictions. You can use this free version unlimited and pass it as often as you like.
- No installation (Portable Software): The program works without installation. This spares your Registry and you can immediately use it. Nevertheless it is possible to register the file extension (*.tkg) for configuration files, to open a configuration with a single mouse click or to save configurations to be loaded at startup. Of course this registration is not required to run the program and can any time be undone with the software.
Text Converter | Versions
Difference between the Versions
The same program forms the basis of all versions of the TextConverter. Merely, some functions are restricted in the Basic Version. For example, you can not edit an unlimited number of files simultaneously with the Basic Version. Nevertheless, it is possible to work on an unlimited number of files also in the Basic Version, if you edit the files after each other. So, there is nearly no task introduced on this page, which can not be carried out with the Basic Version, too.
In any case, you can download the Basic Version before buying the Pro Version, to test the software. Concrete, there are the following differences between the versions:
|Period of Use:||unlimited||unlimited|
|Development:||2009 - 2017||2009 - 2017|
|Simultaneous Files:||10 per Procedure||unlimited|
|Simultaneous Actions:||3 per Procedure||unlimited|
|Search in Text Files:||no||yes|
|Replace Text:||3 per Procedure||unlimited|
|Insert Text:||3 per Procedure||unlimited|
|Delete Text:||3 per Procedure||unlimited|
|Use of Constants:||yes||yes|
|Save as Text:||yes||yes|
|Save as Image:||yes||yes|
|Format UTF-16 LE/BE:||yes||yes|
|Format UTF-32 LE/BE:||yes||yes|
|Batch Processing:||no||only in CL Version|
|CSV Editing:||no||only in CSV Version|
|Price:||Freeware||$33.90 or 24.90€|
|Download:||To the Download||Download Page|
How to get the Pro-Versions
You can pay the Pro versions of the Text Converter comfortably and safety by PayPal or bank transfer. If you pay by PayPal, after your payment, an automatic mail containing a link to the software and a code with which you can start the software will be sent to you. With a payment by bank transfer, it can last for some days until you receive the software, because of processing time. If you have any question, feel free to contact us. We gladly help you.
All further information, you get on the Download Page.
Text Converter Pro CL and CSV
With the version Text Converter Pro CL, a remote control of the Text Converter via batch scripts and the command line is possible. All further information regarding this version can be found here.
With the version Text Converter Pro CSV, it is possible to edit the columns of a CSV file separately. All further information regarding this version can be found here.